Here you will find links to various tutorials I’ve put together. Stuck on a pattern or a technique? Here are some answers to some frequently asked questions. If you would like to request a tutorial for one of my patterns or any special technique(s) that I use, please feel feel to let me know!
- Abbreviations - A list of abbreviations I use in my patterns, including written instructions to some of the less common techniques.
Techniques & Tips
- How to Work a Pleat - General pleat construction and how to work knitted pleats
- Stabilizers & Inserts - what to use for bags, hat visors, etc.
- Right and Left Twists (video)- how to work right twist (RT) and left twist (LT)
- Right and Left Lifted Increases - how to work my favorite types of increases!
Pattern Tutorials & FAQs
- Alice Paul - unique hat with shirred visor
- Amelia Earhart - billed cap with shirred panel
- Barbara G. Walker - close-fitting cloche with shirred panel
- Carmen - hooded bolero
- Eleanor Roosevelt - slouchy shirred beret with visor
- Elizabeth Zimmermann - cute bucket-style cloche with unique construction
- Issara - coat with reversible cable collar and back pleat
- Lillian - openwork “keyhole” cable cardigan
- Margaret Mead- sassy ruched headband
- Mermaid - cable and drop stitch neckwarmer
- Morgan – flat English driving cap
- Orinoco - cabled shrug
- Pfeiffer Falls – billowy hooded scarf with pockets
- Rachel Carson - cute ruched-bow headband
- Remy - reversible scarf with dual motif
- Septima Clark – beret with shirred panel
DIY & General Tutorials
- DPNs, Cable Needles and Better Needle Tips - Improving the tips of your wooden or bamboo needles
- Homemade Yarn Swift - This detailed instructional pattern is provided to you for your own personal use only. By using this pattern, you are agreeing to the Personal Use License of this pattern and agree that you will not sell or profit from projects made from this pattern.
Check out some of my patterns!